BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 7, 2011

Nap time is the right time....

Nap time is the right time for doing NOTHING now.  This isn't a good thing, though.  Ella will not take a nap unless I hold her in bed now....tightly.  She doesn't sit and scream in her room, she simply sits in her bed and talks to herself if I don't do this.  You may be thinking, what is the problem?  Well, the problem is that she doesn't take a nap if I let her do that and she can't regulate herself the rest of the afternoon.  She becomes destructive, dangerous, clumsy and crazy.  So, now, instead of getting something done, I lay in bed with her till she falls asleep. Some days this only take about five min...some days it takes up to 20.  the kicker is, I have to wait until I put Evie down for her afternoon nap, which is about 2 o'clock.  Ella likes to sleep for three hours.  She wakes up at 5, sometimes six, and wants to stay awake until 9.  Jim and I definitely need our nights to unwind, and it is hard for us to do with Ella awake.  That is my reality now.  However, I think I am going to stary waking her up at 4:30.

We actually had a pretty peaceful weekend.  Sat we went shopping for news sheets (i know, exciting life).  It was raining here on Maui, so there was not much to do outside.  Sunday we went to breakfast with some friends and then had to catch up on all the stuff we did not do on Saturday.   FUN TIMES.....

Evelyn will be one in a month.  Where has the time gone.  In this amount of time, I have learned to appreciate both of my children even more because of their differences.  I don't know what they will grow up to be, or what their personalities will turn into, but I can't wait to find out.

Ella will definitely be a challenge, but I think we are up to it!  God doesn't give you anything you can't handle.  Yesterday Ella was making her whole body tremor in the doctor's office, and some lady asked me if she was cold.  She was just excited and that is what she makes herself do when she is excited.  How do I explain that to someone though.

Speaking of Evelyn's first birthday, My super great friend Andrea helped us with her invitations...


Naturally I blanked out our address, not that I think anyone will do something with that, but you never know! I think they are super awesome..Thanks Andrea!

Well, off to finish super and clean up some more before Evie wakes up.  No rest for the weary!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

YAY! I'm glad you like them. Did you get them in the mail yet?

Gina said...

The invites are great!

Allie said...

Andrea, we haven't gotten them yet, but I am sure they will be here soon.

Gina...Andrea is super computer talented.