BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ears, glorious ears.

Ear infections, ear infections, and more ear infections....oh and did I mention smelly puss!  That has been my day.  I was getting Ella ready to go to story time and while I was putting on her shoes, I noticed a foul odor coming from her ear.  Seriously, it was gag worthy.  I realized it was probably and ear infection.

I took her to the doctor, and I was right.  They said she probably got dirty water in her ears, and due to the tubes they are now infected.  The tubes have been in there since she was about nine months old, and now they need to come.  One has fallen out on its own.  They other one refuses to.  So, now we go to the ENT.  The pediatrician says if the child is cooperative, then they won't have to sedate them.  Have they met Ella?  Cooperative is not necessarily a word I would use to describe her.

Poor kid can't catch a break.  The stinky eared bandit freaks out every time I put the drops in.  It feels like inserting and NG tube in her again.  I hate pinning her down.

She is still in good spirits, though.

Ellaisms:

1.  I usually give Ella sausage or bacon for breakfast with some sort of fruit.  Yesterday morning I had only gotten some strawberries on the table when she sat down.  She looked at me very perturbed and said, "Hey, wheres the bacon".
I tried not to laugh and asked her to say, May I please have the bacon.  I was cracking up on the inside.

2.  We are still working on pooping in the potty.  She tells me she has to pee, so I put her on the potty.  She tells me, "Go see Evie".  This is her way of telling me to go away. I walk out the room, but I stay where I can see and hear her.  She is leaned over so she can see what is coming out.  I hear her straining to poop, and then I hear her say, "oh come on, come on".  I laughed out loud.  I am not sure if she was giving herself a pep talk to poop, or if she was talking to the poop.  Either way it was hilarious!

I feel like I never talk about about Evie....she loves to get butterfly kisses.  When you do it to her and then stop, she leans her head back into you as if to say, "hey lady, I wasn't done with that".  It is very sweet.  She loves to cuddle and it is one of my favorite things to have her lay on me and suck her thumb.  She make a little noise and if you make it back she mimic you.  She likes listing to the vibration of the noise in y chest.

0 comments: