BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Busy weekend....and night terrors

We had a great weekend!  Ella behaved for the most part and we didn't have too many meltdowns.....UNTIL this afternoon.   And it was a BIG one.  I am actually starting to thing she is having night terrors.

She wakes up from her nap sometimes (usually about three hours) and just screams like someone is ripping out her insides.  It is awful to watch.  She can not be consoled.  Anything I say or do makes it worse.  As evil as this sounds, I am thinking about videotaping it just so I can show the OT. They last for about 20 minutes sometimes and are really difficult to watch.  I have learned to just leave her alone, as my presence tends to lengthen them or make them worse.

On a side note...we are flying to Houston on the 21st over night.  Lets just hope she does not have a night terror (or whatever this is) on the plane.  I am sure all the passengers would appreciate that!

We have two OT sessions tomorrow back to back....it is going to be a long, but productive morning.  NIGHT ALL...whoever is reading this?!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Emma went through a couple of weeks where she was having night terrors. But not like that. I would hear crazy panting/erratic breathing through the monitor and she would wake up and cry and seem really disoriented for a while....

You should videotape it so they can see what's going on with her.

Alicia Yvonne said...

This is going to sound weird, but I'm glad I'm reading this now, and not when you actually wrote it. I've realized how much more things mean to me now that I'm pregnant; not that I can truly understand what it would be to go through that. You are so strong, and I'm glad to know you.