BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Research and more

I was sick for two days..it was a great diet, but I am glad it is over.  As awful as it was, it was almost a Godsend.  Jim had to take off work to watch the kids for two days by himself...and I think now, and only now, he understands what goes on around the house.  The kids "tag teamed" him all day long.  Evie would take a nap, and Ella would be awake...or vice versa...it was rough.  I could hear him getting frustrated and sometimes I would intervene...for the sake of everyone!  He was exhausted at the end of the day, it was great! 

When I asked him if he understands better now what I go through, he replied "well, I don't think it is always like this"  I told him he was wrong, and then he acquiesced.  All in all, I think that the grass is greener on the other side syndrome is more that likely gone.

I had a lot of time to do some research regarding Ella, I think I may take her to a place in Colorado for about a week or so to do some intensive therapy.

http://www.starcenter.us/index.html

The Star Center specializes in Sensory Processing Disorder and I would really be interested to see if it could supplement her therapy.

Ella is a funny kid, though.  I feel like her and I have our own language (good and bad thing)  I appear to be the only one that can understand her all of the time.  She was telling Jim Pop tart over and over and over again yesterday.  When I finally looked at her and said pop tart, she replied with, "pop tart, got it"  with a thumbs up for me.  This is her new favorite thing to do...when you guess the word she is saying, she gives you a thumbs up and tells you, got it...it is one of the cutest things I have seen.

0 comments: